Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Guardian digs deep into the revival of horror in Hollywood and discusses the wider implications for the film industry
- Bloody Disgusting offer up ten of the scariest made-for-TV horrors
- Shelf Talk have highlighted five excellent horror novels from the past couple of years to add to your collection
- S. T. Joshi writes a fascinatingly in-depth essay on the suspenseful works of Adam Nevill
- Tim Meyer’s blog features an interview with writer Chad Lutzke
The Guardian digs deep into the revival of horror in Hollywood and discusses the wider implications for the film industry
The year after huge successes for Get Out, Split and IT, The Guardian’s Graeme Virtue analyses the ways in which horror is usurping the tired, usual fare of sequels and superheroes in the Hollywood landscape.
Meagan Navarro of Bloody Disgusting has been digging through the plethora of made-for-TV horror movies, many of which are of course dreadful, and picked out the ten fright-filled gems that we should all be watching.
Shelf Talk have highlighted five excellent horror novels from the past couple of years to add to your collection
Linda J of the Shelf Talk blog has picked out five outstanding horror releases from the past two years to add to your collection. While some are well-known, there might well be a couple of surprises in here for you.
Novelist and critic S. T. Joshi has written an insightful essay on the suspenseful work of Adam Nevill. Fans of his fiction or those who are curious after watching the film adaptation of The Ritual alike will find mountains of interesting points in this essay.
In an author to author conversation, Tim Meyer gets together with Chad Lutzke too discuss his work, influences and more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey