Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. You want great horror articles? This is the place to find the best the web has to offer. This week:
- Summer of Sleaze: The Manitou by Graham Masterton
- Graham Joyce (1954-2014)
- The Horror Genius of Guillermo del Toro
- What Women In 70s Slasher Films Tell Us About Women In Games Today
- Becoming Frankenstein: Monsters In The Make-Up Chair
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Tor’s Summer of Sleaze continues with a look back at the 1976 debut novel from Graham Masterton, The Manitou.
Graham Joyce, one of the finest voices in British fantasy (not to mention bloody lovely guy), lost his battle with cancer last week. This tribute piece is from The Guardian.
This article over at Den of Geek looks at the horror genius of Cronos and The Devil’s Backbone director, Guillermo del Toro.
In this article, A.V. Club explores the ‘final girl’ trope in Tomb Raider and The Last of Us: Left Behind.
This feature over at Empire looks at a plethora of movie monsters and the many hours they spent in the make-up chair.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.