Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- The H Word: The Politics of Horror
- How Do Horror Video Games Work, and Why Do People Play Them?
- The Evolution of the Slasher Film
- ‘Day Of The Dead’: George Romero’s Gruesome Classic Of Zombie Horror Turns 30
- 6 Splatterific Horror Zines you Should be Devouring
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Politics? In Horror? Surely not. Paul Tremblay guest posts over at Nightmare Magazine.
In this article over at Research Digest, The British Psychological Society share the results of a recent study, in which various scaredy-cats were asked questions about horror videogames.
Curnblog looks at the evolution of the slasher film, from Psycho to Hatchet.
Hard to believe it’s been thirty years since Romero concluded the original ‘…of the Dead’ trilogy. In this article Geeks of Doom take a look back at Day of the Dead.
Dirge Magazine looks at six of the best horror zines currently available.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey