Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. You want great horror articles? This is the place to find the best the web has to offer. This week:
- A Short History of Bigfoot in the Movies
- Returning to The Long Walk by Ed Gorman
- The Doors to Horror
- The Test of Time: The Dead Zone (1983)
- 10 Great Spanish Horror Films That Are Worth Your Time
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Every now and then, in what we like to call ‘real life’, some geezer captures this elusive beast on what appears to be a twenty pixel video camera. However, for an idea of what old hairy-arse might look like with less grain (seriously, dude, get a better camera), check out this brief history of Bigfoot in the movies from Den of Geek.
In this article over at Stephen King Revisited, the legendary Ed Gorman takes a look back The Long Walk.
Horror films are as ubiquitous as ever before; the only trouble is that the awful continue to massively outnumber the good. So what makes a great horror film? Arkansas Online offers up its own opinion.
Arrow in the Head’s The Test of Time scrutinises David Cronenberg’s 1983 adaptation of the Stephen King classic, The Dead Zone, but how well has it dated?
Con los años, España fue apagado algunas películas maravillosas de terror…oh, I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me. What I meant to say was, check out this list of great Spanish horror films worthy of your time, according to Taste of Cinema.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.