Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Stranger Things: A Love Letter To The Past
- Petition For Extended Blair Witch Project
- The Test Of Time: The Blair Witch Project
- Blair Witch Writer Discusses The Upcoming Sequel
- 9 Astonishing Alien Rip Offs
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
It can’t have escaped your attention that Stranger Things has become something of a sensation over the last couple of months. Dread Central’s Katie Doherty looks at just why this strange little series has become so beloved.
Eduardo Sanchez, director of the iconic The Blair Witch Project, was recently interviewed by Found Footage Critic and revealed that he was considering editing together a longer version of the movie if enough people were interested. Here’s your chance to add your name to the petition.
Speaking of The Blair Witch Project (in hushed tones, of course) Arrow In The Head’s Ryan Doom takes a look back at the 1999 film to see if it stands the test of time.
Seventeen years on from the original, writer Simon Barret talks to Bloody Disgusting’s Mr Disgusting about the upcoming sequel.
With new sequels (Alien: Covenant) and prequels (the new Prometheus movie) in the works for the Alien universe, Coming Soon’s Chris Alexander looks at nine films that shamelessly ripped off the original.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey