Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Nerdist comes up with a list of seven horror movies set in space
- Gamespot start with Get Out‘s Jordan Peele and then look back at the history of black filmmakers in horror
- Bloody Disgusting have compiled a list of their most bizarre sequels
- Litreactor has your recommended reading for Women in Horror month
- Uncanny Magazine features an author interview with Sunny Moraine
Kyle Anderson at Nerdist has seven suggestions for those seeking space-based scares. With a huge variety reaching back to 1965 and working right up to the current decade, the list is sure to have something for everyone.
Gamespot start with Get Out‘s Jordan Peele and then look back at the history of black filmmakers in horror
Jordan Peele has rightly been celebrated for producing perhaps the best horror movie of recent years in Get Out. Gamespot’s Dan Auty peels back the skin to look at other seminal horror movies created by black directors.
Bloody Disgusting’s Meagan Navarro pulls up ten horror sequels that, for whatever reason, just don’t make sense. Friday the 13th without Jason is just one example.
February is Women in Horror month, as we all know, but where to start with the wealth of amazing female writers of scary and weird? Luckily for us, Annie Neugebauer has done the research so we don’t have to, and provides twenty recommendations, just to get you started.
Caroline M. Yoachim over at Uncanny Magazine catches up with Sunny Moraine to talk about her short horror fiction, including her collection Singing With All My Skin and Bone.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey