Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. The scent of turkey, sprouts, and Aunt Ada’s Baileys vomit still lingers in the kitchen, but that doesn’t mean we’re having a week off. This week:
- Piece by Piece: “Christine” Lives
- Ghoulish Aesthetes: “The Hound”
- Horror Movies: Banned, Pulled and X-rated
- Toys of Terror #35
- Disgusting’s Top 10 Horror Films!
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
She was a 1958 Plymouth Fury with a very bad temper, but for some people, allowing Christine to rot in pieces on some faraway junkyard was not an option. In this article, iHorror explains how one man rebuilt the murderous Fury one part at a time.
In this article over at Tor, Ruthanna Emry and Anne M. Pillsworth look back at Lovecraft’s ‘The Hound’, which was first published in a 1924 issue of Weird Tales.
Some people (arseholes mainly) hate horror films so much that they will do everything in their power to have certain films banned. No, I’m not talking about North Korea – even though the first reviews of The Interview describe it as somewhat horrific – I’m talking about associations like the BBFC and the MPAA. Here, Best Horror Movies looks at some of the more notorious films that have fallen foul of the censors.
This week’s Toys of Terror over at Fangoria looks at a stunning 1:1 scale replica of the titular creature from An American Werewolf in London, the first The Walking Dead building block set from McFarlane toys, and a Legend Tim Curry ¼ scale head bust.
It wouldn’t be the last article of the year without a best of 2014, so here’s one (of around sixty-billion we found online) for your reading pleasure. Bloody Disgusting’s top ten horror films of 2014.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey